1. “Secretariat for JAPONISMES” (hereinafter referred to as “the Secretariat”), operating the website “japonismes.org” (hereinafter referred to as “This Site”), respects the privacy of users of all content and services in This Site (hereinafter referred to as “Users”) and exerts extreme caution in the managing of Users’ personal information.
Collection of Personal Information
4. The Secretariat collects Users’ Personal Information by ethical methods, and not by illegal methods that are contrary to Users’ rights.
5. The Institute notifies Users of, or publishes the purpose of, its use of Personal Information.
The use of Personal Information
6. The Secretariat uses Personal Information collected from Users for the purposes of operating This Site and other sites that the Institute operates. The main purposes are as follows.
(1) The screening applications of the Associate Program, the project implementation and the ex post evaluation and, in a general way, all the administrative procedures necessary for the progress of the project.
(2) To create, analyze and release statistical data related to this site and services.
(3) For the distribution of the newsletter.
Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
7. The Secretariat does not provide or disclose Personal Information to any third party without the Users’ approval or permission; however, this shall not apply in the following cases:
(1) When the Users have agreed to disclosure;
(2) When the information is disclosed or offered as anonymized data;
(3) When the disclosing or offering is permitted by the laws and/or regulations of Japan;
(4) When the disclosing or offering is required by a public agency based upon the laws and/or regulations of Japan;
(5) When the Secretariat delegates some or all of the Service to any third party for the purpose of providing the Service;
(6) When the Institute delegates some or all of the Service to any third party;
Usage of Access Logs and IP Addresses by the Institute
8. The Secretariat is able to collect information related to Users’ privacy through their access log, IP address, etc. Information about likes or interests, browsing history, etc. is collected by using the access log, IP address, etc.
In addition, the Secretariat is able to use such information without any limitation as long as the Institute uses the information in a format that makes it impossible to identify the individual and that makes it impossible to check against Personal Information.
Modification of Purpose of Use, etc.
9. Modification of This Policy by the Secretariat, such as a change of purpose of use, change of method of management, etc. becomes effective immediately when the Institute uploads the updated version of This Policy on This Site.
(Exclusion of Liability)
10. The Secretariat does not accept any liability for the protection of privacy from websites linked to This Site. Users access or visit external linked websites at their own risk.
11. The Secretariat exercises reasonable efforts to prevent all collected information from being disclosed to any third party accidentally. However, despite the security system of the Japan Foundation, should any information be accidentally leaked, the Secretariat assumes no liability or responsibility for divulging any personally identifiable information.
12. The Secretariat appoints the following desk to be Chief Administrator of Personal Information, and tries to manage Personal Information appropriately and to improve the enforcement of policies related to the protection of Personal Information continuously. In addition, the following desk is the contact for inquiries about Personal Information at the Secretariat.
Privacy Protection Desk : Secretariat for JAPONISMES
4-3 Yotsuya, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160-0004 Japan