Applications for Associate Program are now closed.
Thank you for your applications!
Japonismes 2018 Associate Program
Secretariat for JAPONISMES has launched a framework of “Japonismes 2018 Associate Program” (hereinafter “Associate Program”) with the aim of encouraging more people to participate in Japonismes 2018.
Associate Program needs to be Japan-related events that are implemented in France in line with the aim of Japonismes 2018. The Secretariat for JAPONISMES welcomes entries for Associate Program, and approved projects will be publicized on the Japonismes 2018 official website and also will be entitled to use the Japonismes 2018 official logo.
1. Applicable Projects
Projects related to Japan implemented in France that fulfill all of the following conditions are applicable:
- The project must be held during the period the Japonismes 2018 is held. In other words, it must, in principle, begin or end between July 2018 and February 2019.
- The project must be organized in accordance with the concept (in French, PDF:139KB) of Japonismes 2018.
- At the point of time when an application is made for Associate Program approval, the project plan, including the schedule, budget, and venue, is sufficiently made, and it is certain that the project will be implemented.
- The project must not have any political intentions or intention of propagating religion.
An applicant should be an organization or individual that organizes the project applying for the Associate Program. This organization or individual must have established one’s position socially and financially, and be considered to have sufficient social credibility and capability to implement the project. Any Individuals and organizations in Japan who are related to antisocial forces as described in Article 2 (2) 1 of the Japan Foundation’s Regulations with Regard to Dealing with Anti-Social Forces (2015 Regulation No. 52) are not eligible.
3. Application Procedure
Project organizers who wish to apply for Associate Program shall file an online form by at least three months prior to the start of the applicable project.
Application Procedure of Associate Program
*1 “Please complete, sign, and submit the pledge agreement form in PDF, jpg or TIFF format.”
*2 Please fill an activity report from with details including the address, name of the organization (the applicant’s name if individual), and the representative’s name (signature), and submit to the following address (in Japan or France) by post.
4. Application Documents
The following documents are necessary to register for “Associate Program”. Please download all documents from the entry form page via the link below and fill them out.
- Applicant Information (required):
Please fill out all necessary information.
- Pledge Agreement (required):
Please complete, sign, scan, and upload.
- If you are an organization (required):
Please submit the Articles of Incorporation or a profile of your organization.
If you are an indivusual (required):
Please submit equivalent documents (ex. your activity history etc.).
- If you are an organization,please submit 2 documents below. (required):
①your project plan for the financial year for which you are applying
②the activity report of the previous financial year
If you are an indivusual (optional):
Please submit equivalent documents (if possible)
- Project plan (required):
(detailed project plan, implementation structure,
income and expenditure budget plan, preparation status, etc.)
- Other documents(optional)
The Secretariat for JAPONISMES shall carefully review submitted applications based on the conditions listed in 1 above. Results will be notified approximately 45 days after the receipt of each application.
The Secretariat may withdraw the approval when it finds the project inappropriate for the Associate Program.
6. Project Implementation
When implementing an Associate Program project, please note that:
- Associate Program shall be published on the Japonismes 2018 official website, promotion brochures, reports, and other printed materials, as an event that is implemented as part of Japonismes 2018.
- Organizers of the projects of Associate Program are encouraged to cooperate in promotion for Japonismes 2018 by indicating that the Program is implemented as part of Japonismes 2018, through using the Japonismes 2018 logo on promotion brochures, reports, and other printed materials.
- An Event Report (*link will be available in fall 2017) needs to be submitted within 60 days after the completion of a project of Associate Program to the Secretariat for JAPONISMES by post. Make sure to attach promotion brochures/printed materials indicating the Japonismes 2018 logo. Also, enclose photos taken when the project is carried out (if any).
Reports and photos submitted to the Secretariat for JAPONISMES from Associate Program organizers may be featured on the official Japonismes 2018 website.
- If any changes arise in project contents, or if the project is canceled, please contact the Secretariat for JAPONISMES immediately.
This framework is not to support applicants financially. Projects need to be funded individually by each organizer.
(For information on the Japan Foundation’s Grant Programs, please refer to the Program Guidelines page.)
Should you have any inquiries, please contact us below.